Automobiles and Trucks
18 Tips for Saving Money on Gasoline
by: Fisher Swanson
3. When you run your air conditioner you get
much worse gas mileage. Use your air conditioner sparingly. If you have a lower setting, use it. Turn it on until the car gets cool, then turn it off and let the fan circulate the cool air. Never run your air conditioner with your windows open!
4. Keep your windows closed when traveling at high speeds. Open windows cause additional drag and lower your gas mileage. At high speeds, an open window can use more gas than many air conditioners (especially if they are on a low setting).
5. Check your tire pressure. Over-inflated tires can actually reduce your fuel efficiency, so don't overfill.
6. If at all possible, change your work start time to avoid gridlock. Stop and go traffic hurts your gas mileage.
7. Take unneeded items out of the car. You don't need to carry snow chains around with you in the summertime. Just make sure to put them back in when winter comes around.
12. Try to accelerate slowly when leaving the stop light. It's not a competition with the driver in the lane next to you. The fastest person through the intersection just gets to spend more on gas.
13. No need to buy the highest priced gasoline. Most cars are built to run on regular unleaded. Check you owners manual or consult a mechanic. I have had many tell me that the more expensive gas is a waste of money.
14. Revving the engine needlessly wastes gas. There is no need to rev before you turn your vehicle off.
15. If at all possible, try to arrange car pools with co-workers to share the cost of commuting to work.
16. Walk, bike or run to your intended location whenever possible.
17. When the price is sky high, don't fill up. Wait for the price to go down before you fill up your tank. Filling up your tank when the price is peaking lets gas companies know that you are willing to pay ridiculous prices for gasoline.
18. And last, the biggest and most important step towards saving money on gas is always try to purchase vehicles that get good gas mileage. The difference between 20 miles-per-gallon and 40 miles-per-gallon is huge.
Taking You Where You Want To Go.
8. Try not to idle your engine for long periods of time. If you are stuck in traffic and you don't think you
are going to go anywhere in the next five minutes,
you may want to turn your car off.
9. You no longer need to warm your car up for
long periods of time, especially new cars. New
cars are made to run when cold.
10. Don't travel at fast speeds in low gears
unless you need the compression to slow down.
11. Try to drive the speed limit.
as prices are on the rise again! Here are some tips to help you conserve gas and save money as we approach summer gas prices.
1. Keep your car tuned up. Cars in poor
running condition use more gasoline.
2. Plan trips well to avoid unnecessary driving.
AnestaWeb does not endorse any specific service, product or treatment.
The Leading South Florida Real Estate Firm : Serving - Davie, Cooper City, Southwest Ranches and plantation!
Contact Us Today :::